'African Drumming' is an album that captures of the irresistible beat of Africa.
- 9 African drumming songs
- Featuring djembe, bass drums and percussion
- African voices in displays of talent and passion for traditional music
- Explore the rhythms of Africa
- Hear the power and irresistible sound of African drumming
About the Album
Listen in as we gather some of Africa's best drummers and unleash them in the studio over two hot weeks in Cape Town, South Africa.
With free reign to explore, they bring in a large collection of drums and raise the roof, creating songs with slow beats, fast beats, heavy beats and hypnotic poly-rhythms.
Discover this intoxicating album of African drumming that changes and builds until you lose any will to resist it - available as a digital download within minutes.
- Masters of the art in lively spirits
- From slow, heavy beats to hypnotic poly-rhythms
- Mid-tempo dances that accelerate with high speed solos.
- Simple, sparse rhythms that develop into full songs, with some singing.
Features these instruments
- dun dun (bass drums)
- cow bells
- shekere (shakers)
- ashiko drums
- singing (minimal)
Recorded in Africa
The album was recorded at Urban Mix Studios in Cape Town, South Africa and was produced by Al Paton.
Paton is a drum teacher with the world's largest interactive drumming company, Drum Cafe, has been teaching African drumming for the last 15 years.
Enjoy genuine, hard-to-find African drumming magic!
- Perfect to listen to or play along with and learn
- Connect with the thriving music scene of Africa
- Music that illuminates Africa's history, played by masters of the art.
My African drumming skills have improved vastly, just listening to the different rhythms and trying to play along.
/ London, UK
The quality of the recording allows you to focus on the 'details' of the different songs.
/ Halifax, Canada
Found it to be very helpful in own drumming. Gave me some ideas and chances to play along with.
/ Winterbach, Germany
Very good indeed.
/ Säter, Sweden
Good quality and fantastic drumming at a very affordable price. Really enjoying it.
/ London, UK
Great! This one was by far the best to play along with.
/ Tokyo, Japan
Plus: Free gift!
Included in your purchase is the e-book 'An Illustrated History of African Drumming' absolutely free!
- 47 Pages
- 69 rare pictures
- African drumming throughout history
- Only available here
- .pdf format, 12 Mb
- 9 MP3 files
- Album Artwork (Front and back cover)
- Ebook - An Illustrated History of African Drumming
- Size: 48 Mb
Hi, Al Paton here. I own Afrodrumming and my customers are very important to me. If you're not happy with your purchase for any reason, you're backed by a 100% money-back guarantee for 90 days.